Based on these objectives, there are three cycles to this intervention effort. Below is a detailed description of activities to be completed at each cycle of the program:
- Includes 100-hours of interactive classroom work (lecture), and field work (lab) to occur over the time span of 14-weeks
- Instruction takes place twice a weekly with one 2-hour lecture and one 4-hour lab session
- Class sessions introduce trainees to the fundamental principles and practices of sustainable agriculture
- Lab sessions provide trainees with hands-on experiences that reinforce classroom discussions
- Lab sessions are held in the HABESHA Gardens Complex in addition to other identified urban farm sites
- Sessions will include site visits to area urban farms and/or guest instruction from various farm experts
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 HABESHA Works Program. In order to be considered for the program, you must participate in ONE of the mandatory interest meetings on to be held on March 17, 2021 & March 24, 2021 online via zoom from 6PM-8PM. Please CLICK HERE to fill out the application online and begin the processing of exploring the opportunities in urban agriculture!
COURSE COST = $1,500
***Scholarships are offered based on financial need. A sliding scale fee & payment plan is available for those with financial need.
Questions? Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org